Whenever the material is sourced, I will always cite the source for the stories as well as a link to the original articles. Every picture will have its source/credit named immediately beneath it. If for any reason, I’m elaborating on a news for humour or jest I will state it to prevent confusion.
Copyright Law – Chapter 1: Subject and Matter of Copyright
Section 107 – Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use
Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
The site does not generate any profit. I pay for the domain. I don’t get a cent. If I posted a picture that you own and would prefer that I don’t use it, please let me know and I will remove it. Or you can tell me how to credit it properly for your tastes. I’ve obliged other people’s request for both editing or removal in the past. Read the About page to reach me regarding any possible infringement issues.
These are the guidelines I go by concerning comments. I reserve the right to revise them at any moment in time without warning:
- Discrimination of race, sex or creed is not allowed.
- Spam and comments that either don’t pertain to the article they’re posted on or are mean spirited will be removed.
- This is not a public forum. You don’t get to change the subject. If you really, really, want to talk about something else you should consider writing your own blog. That’s how I started.
- Aspiring novelists that explain their position with tales of their childhood for an entire screen worth of text should really start their own website. Get. To. The. Point.
- Long posts will be removed. If your post has three paragraphs of five lines but makes a great relevant point, I might keep it. If it has one run-along non-stop sentence for four lines, that one is not staying.
- Consider this a PG site. Avoid swearing.
- Even without swearing, overtly hostile posts are simply not welcome. Go vent somewhere else. Be polite.
- Realize that even if you have a noble cause your comment must be relevant to the article you’re commenting on. Good intentions are not enough.
- No, you can’t mention that name here.
- Finally, I reserve the right to use my best judgement in all cases.
Thanks for reading.
(Sources: US Copyright Office – Fair Use)