Whenever the material is sourced, I will always cite the source for the stories as well as a link to the original articles. Every picture will have its source/credit named immediately beneath it. If for any reason, I’m elaborating on a news for humour or jest I will state it to prevent confusion.
Copyright Law – Chapter 1: Subject and Matter of Copyright
Section 107 – Limitations on exclusive rights: Fair use
Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified by that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright.
The site does not generate any profit. I pay for the domain. I don’t get a cent. If I posted a picture that you own and would prefer that I don’t use it, please let me know and I will remove it. Or you can tell me how to credit it properly for your tastes. I’ve obliged other people’s request for both editing or removal in the past.
These are the guidelines I go by concerning comments. I reserve the right to revise them at any moment in time without warning:
- Comments are moderated. You have to be approved for your first comment before you can comment away.
- This is not a public open forum, so please be relevant. You don’t get to change the subject. If you really, really, want to talk about something else you should consider writing your own blog. That’s how I started.
- Avoid long posts. If your post is so long it takes half a screen but makes a great relevant point, it’s still going to be my call if it stays or not. If it has one run-along non-stop sentence for four lines, that one is not staying.
- Swearing or not, overtly hostile posts are simply not welcome. Be polite when making your point.
- Even if you have a noble cause your comment must be relevant to the article you’re commenting on. Good intentions are not enough.
- Discrimination of any kind is not allowed. Making up discrimination is not allowed.
- No trolling. I know some find hatred a hilarious hobby. I will stamp it out.
- Ironic jokes don’t work. Actually people saying it’s ironic as a buzzword to get away with anything.
- Finally, I reserve the right to use my judgement in all cases.
Thanks for reading.
(Sources: US Copyright Office – Fair Use)